How do I choose a heater for my campervan or motorhome?
Choosing the most appropriate and effective heater for your campervan or motorhome is the first step to keeping you warm while your engine is not running. An incorrect selection often leads to problems and unnecessary expense. Getting it right the first time can have you warm and cosy on those cold days for many years to come.
Things to consider when making your vehicle heater choice are.
- Is your new vehicle heater to be your only source of heating, or is it supporting an existing heater system?
- What brand of vehicle heater do you prefer? Both Eberspacher and Webasto heaters are high quality German engineered heating systems that will keep you warm for many years to come. Other cheaper copies would very, very rarely produce the same results or have the same lifetime as the Webasto or Eberspacher brands.
- Do you want a water or air heater? Water heaters can provide room air heating and domestic hot water, not unlike a combi-boiler. Air heaters are a great solution to heat your space up quickly.
- The type and size of your vehicle. A heating system suitable for a campervan will not be suitable to heat a large motorhome. Be sure to choose the correct size
- Vehicle heaters, although they are fueled by your diesel or petrol from your vehicle’s tank, require an electrical current to start and for peripherals and thermostats. It is important you know your vehicle voltage prior to specifying your heater – is it 12 volts or 24 volts?
The Vehicle Heater Product Finder
Butler Technik have made it easy for you to choose the best vehicle heater for your campervan or motorhome with the ‘Vehicle Heater Kit Product Finder’.
In five easy steps you can choose the correct heater for your campervan or motorhome.
Firstly, select your heating requirements.
Select your preferred brand – Eberspacher, Webasto or Both
Select your desired heating type (air or water)
Select your vehicle type and size.
Select the appropriate voltage of your vehicle. If you are unsure ask your mechanic or vehicle service centre.
Lastly click the ‘Finalise Selection’ button to see the range of campervan and motorhome heaters that match your requirements.
Now you have an idea of how easy it can be to find a heater for your campervan or motorhome get started with the ‘Vehicle Heater Kit Product Finder’.
Butler Technik Here To Help
Of course, if you are still unsure about which vehicle heater is going to be best for your needs, every one of us at Butler Technik are happy to help you. Just contact us online or give us a call.